Introduction to my poetry life

My name is Zipporah Burrell (AKA - poetry queen_ zippy) I have a passion for reading poems and writing poems from very young I decided at 10 years old that I had enough of reading them and doing nothing with the inspiration that I get so I started writing them another thing that inspired me to start writing poems is because I find it very difficult to express myself through speech but I find it very easy and more comfortable to write it down in songs or poems or even letters. through my poetry you would realise i am quite a deep thinker and can take on a lot of political issues that shouldn't really be my issue at this tender age. but not being able to hide from much situation and activity i use poetry as an outlet and escape route to help with my mental and physical health. 
Some of the poems that I have read and that really inspires me is;

Maya Angelou - I know why the caged bird sings
Maya Angelou -phenomenal woman
Those are my two favourite ones but there are many more that I do enjoy reading.
I hope that you enjoy reading my poems!!😊

Comments

  1. Hello Zipporah.
    I looked after you when you were a toddler! I was working with CHASE Children's Hospice Service then. I loved my chats and giggles with Pauline. I was only thinking of her the other day while Strictly was on. Pauline always told you to 'shake your tush'!!!!
    I would love to send you one of my favourite poems. Do you or Pauline have an email address that I could use?
    Vivienne

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment